Saturday, March 2, 2013

When You Thought Nobody Was Looking

A few days ago I was parked and waiting in my car for my daughter when I had noticed a man and woman with two young children emerge onto the parking lot. A little boy, no more than four years old, was screaming bloody murder, his wails grew closer during his ear splitting tantrum.

The weather in Pa was freezing, too cold for me to get out of my warm toasty car. Imagine my shock when I observed the little boy nearly bare-chested. Mom had his arm in a vise like grip while the rest of his body twisted and turned slipping off his clothing in the process.
The father spat on several cars in the parking lot, and the mom cursed like a sailor, above the boy’s shrieks.

I felt like Nick from the Great Gatsby. I sat there wondering how on earth does the rough-hewn behavior of the parents, teach the child to be anything less than crude and obnoxious.  
Don’t those parents know that it’s better to have a millstone around their neck? We all make mistakes when raising children, but in this case I don’t know who needed the scolding more, the parents or the child?
 
Even though we may never meet again, the folks who crossed my path that day, were shown to me for a reason. They obviously need serious prayer, and they have been in mine ever since. Wouldn't it be great to see that family transformed by the power of God, who's mighty to save!

Do you ever wonder who prayed for you when you thought no one was looking?
 ~ Ephesians 1:17-18
I keep asking that the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the glorious Father, may give you the Spirit of wisdom and
revelation, so that you may know him better. I pray also that the eyes of your heart may be enlightened in order that you may know the hope to which he has called you, the riches of his glorious inheritance in the saints, and his incomparably great power for us who believe.



No comments:

Post a Comment